Facebook is continuing to listen to users, giving them more ownership and control over what they share. Even though this really does not affect our advertisers, I wanted to share these important updates:
Summary of 3 new products
1. New Facebook Groups: The new Groups product makes it easy for you to build a space for important groups of people in your life.
- Groups are simple enough that everyone will use them: you only need to create a group, add friends, and can start immediately sharing with them.
- New Groups includes a number of new features, including Group Chat (one of our most frequently requested features) and mailing list-style notifications with a group email address.
- By default, a group’s content is only available to its members, so people can feel confident about who sees what they post.
- There is no additional ads functionality for the Groups product. Targeting or creating ads aimed directly at a Group is not possible at this time. Read more